Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Ohio State looses to Purdue...Is this Pryor's fault??

After an ugly battle Ohio State lost to Purdue on Saturday 18-26. It wasn't necessarily a blow-out game. Ohio State still did have a chance in the 4th quarter but when your QB throws 2 interceptions and fumbles the ball two times what are the odds of that? I know I said in a previous post that I was going to try not to bash Terrelle Pryor well...I think he should be treated the same as Boeckman was last season (which would be like dirt). I don't think that I'm even going to waste my time summarizing the game or finding post game notes. We already know what happened Ohio State lost and that’s pretty much all that matters right now. I know I focus on last season maybe a little too much. But the fact that Boeckman got benched after Ohio lost to a #1 ranked team in country and the fact that Purdue wasn't even ranked and Pryor is going to remain the starter! Well that bothers me. I know that people like to pretend that it was all Todd's fault but it wasn't. So I ask myself why isn't Pryor being treated the same way that Boeckman was last year? Tressel has never explicitly said what Pryor provides that Boeckman did not. To quote one of his statements "We probably don't have enough time, nor would I share every little reason or rationale for any personnel decision ... It was just a decision based upon our compilation of data and we felt we needed to go that direction." Tressel also blamed Boeckman for not reading a backside blitz and getting rid of the ball quicker against the Trojans. I wonder what he has to say about that now? For some reason Coach Tressel would stand by Terrelle no matter what. I'll never understand why Coach tressel made the terrible decision that he did. Simply put Pryor is not the QB Jim Tressel or anyone else tried to make him out to be. Coach Tressel made everyone believe that Pryor was this great player with all this talent who never made any mistakes. Which is false. If Pryor wants all this credit and if he wants people to idol him then he better get with it. He should be benched. That's what Tressel did to Boeckman and Terrelle performed worse on Saturday then Boeckman ever did in the short time that he started.





I found those quotes from Tressel in an article on the Morning Journal website here's the link if you would like to read it it's a GREAT article! http://www.morningjournal.com/articles/2008/10/16/sports/mj129332.txt

No comments: